Thursday, February 10

NEW YORK I LOVE YOU 2, 3, 4 AND SO ON…

6 month ago I had downloaded a movie (thank you for the accessible torrent website, I don’t know how this one website ‘terlepas’ from administration eye’s) called ‘New York I Love You’. It’s a combination of a few of romantic short films by a lot of directors.

new.york.i.love.you.2009.limited.dvdrip.xvid-amiable

 

Different director, different kind of shots, story and style. You can choose which one is your favorite. Although this film less good then ‘Paris, I Love You’ (the original film), at least this film better than ‘Valentine’s Day’. I believe if this film got promotion as big as ‘Valentine’s Day’, it’s gonna be hit.

From the shorts in the movie, I like the one that directed by Joshua Marston. It’s about a husband and wife celebrating their 63rd anniversary at the beach. From their house to the beach they always nagging and babbling and criticizing each other. When they finally got to the beach, you can see how they show their love just for 30 seconds (thanks to the skateboarder that spoil all the mood).

I like this short because it’s cute in it’s own way. Seriously, they were cute when they babbling to each other. There was a scene in that short when they want to cross the street. The husband take a lot of time to cross it. He and his ‘ego’ face make me want to laugh but when I look at the wife, I can say that they will be separated in no time.

Well, I guess I was wrong. the memorable 30 seconds with no dialogue and less action really touch my heart. Actually this short want to show what happen in our daily live. We always think what we have isn’t good enough and there’s something that you can be mad about, but don’t make that one little ‘something’ make you forget how enjoyable and meaningful this life is.

Overall, this movie will not disappointing you. Just watch the movie, pick your favorite and tell to the world why you like it!

Last but not least, Natalie Portman act and direct in this movie. But she’s not acted in her own shorts. You know what I mean…

 

P/S: why I don’t like minus one.

a) they like to use the first song as minus one (there’s a lot of great songs in the album that they can turn to minus one).

b) looks like they don’t have much idea to create new songs nowadays…

GOWWWIN’ UP!!!

No comments: