Tuesday, September 4

THE YELLOW HUMMMER

I see it. Every Monday. The yellow Hummer. I don’t know who it belong to. The yellow Hummer will be there by 10 in the morning and be gone after 5 in the evening. I never saw the owner of that yellow Hummer (I never know Hummer is a brand of a car). But I think it must be from a very rich and have a big family person (that is the only Hummer I see here). One fine day, I heard an announcement with a very, very sad tone:

“Attention to all student, it is a sad information that need to be spread. One of our part time lecturer, Mr. Ali bin Rostam, 50 years old from University Malaya had passed away because of a heart attack. Al-Fatihah.”

I think that Hummer was belong to Mr. Ali bin Rostam (I do not know who he is because he never teach my class) because the next Monday I did not see the yellow Hummer anymore. Okay, the mystery solved. So??? I forgot about the yellow Hummer day after day thanks to my packed classes, part time job, never-heard-of-it-but-it-is-so-cool film screening, my friends’ short films preview, workshop, bla… bla… bla…

But yesterday, that was Monday, I saw the yellow Hummer again while I was going to my very early class. Were Mr. Ali back from death? It was really confusing me. How can a person cheat death? This is something that need to be observed.

Later that evening, I took a walk with my friend, Suna. She was singing ‘Fanatik’ at chorus (please do not remind me of her voice). Then, we saw the yellow Hummer. WITH ITS OWNER. His real description 360 degree different from my imagination (Well, not 360, because I predict the owner of the yellow Hummer is a guy). He was not very old, have an average height and he was skinny and bright. And yeah, he is still single (How I know that? You just wait).

The owner of the Hummer looked at us. Well, obviously not Mr. Ali bin Rostam. He throw a smile to us and got into his yellow Hummer. Half of Suna’s soul flew away while catching his smile.

“That is Yusri KRU!” said Suna before fainted at my lap (with a smile, of course).

*This story had been written like one or two years ago. Something changed here and there in those time (especially the status of the owner of the yellow Hummer. HAHA!). End up in a zine called ‘NOKSS#1’ under the name ‘Pagani Zonda Hitam’ (translated in Malay with a lot of changes). Go check it out!

No comments: