Monday, August 27

WHERE’S TANYA?

 

Pat sitting at the bar. feeling forever alone in  McDowell High School reunion party. Suddenly his ex-classmate, Richard come to him.

“Hey, Pat! It’s been a long time buddy. Where’s your long-lasting girlfriend? The one who been with you since first day of high school until graduation? What’s her name? Dania or something?”

‘Oh hell no I wanna told him she dumped me. Especially here.’

“It’s Tanya. She’s fall to the ground when we were paragliding. Her parachute won’t work,” Pat make sure to make his voice as sad as he can.

“I’m sorry dude. let me buy you a shot.”

Silence. A small tequila end up in front of them. Pat drink it with one gulp.

“Are you okay, buddy?” Richard was concern.

“Yup. I’m fine.”

“You a strong guy. You know that right? I wanna go dancing. Are you on?”

“No, it’s okay. I think I better sit here. Have fun.”

Richard went to dance. Then his another ex-classmate, Ray sitting next to him.

“Pat! You made it. Where’s Tanya?”

“She’s been shot by a lightning when we were playing with the rain last summer.”

“Oh mother-roo, sorry. I didn’t know.”

“It’s totally cool, Ray.”

“Let me buy you a drink. Jack! A tequila here.”

“Thanks, Ray.”

Suddenly a voice come from nowhere calling Ray.

“Someone called me. Gotta go. Are you okay?”

“Yup! Never feel better,” Two shot of tequila really bring him down.

Then an old friend, Ian sitting next to him with a big smile.

“Pat! What’s going on? Did you and Tanya get married?”

“No, man. She’s fall from the Pisa Tower when I excitedly jumping around after she say YES when I proposed her there.”

“That’s horrible disaster. Let me buy you something. Jack! One tequila.”

“Thanks, Ian.”

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

Silence. Pat realize Ian was gone. Another shot in one gulp.

“Hay Pat! Am I seeing you alone here? Where’s your beautiful Tanya?” And that the sound of Joseph.

“Hay Joseph. She’s drowned when we were having a great day in a hot spring.”

“Oh My God! I’m so sorry. I didn’t meant to.” Tears down from his cheeks.

“It’s okay. You know nothing about this.”

“Let me give you a shot.Jack! Tequila here.”

“Thanks, Joseph.”

Joseph pull out a business card.

“This is my number. Call me anytime. God bless you, sweetheart.”

“Okay.”

Joseph was gone. Anthony came over. Pat become more drunk than ever.

“Hey dude! Pat right? Where’s Tanya?”

“Why all of you asking me about Tanya? I’m not her bodyguard!”

“Hey! Don’t fret. I’m just asking. Both of you were popular at high school because you have a very long relationship than anyone else here. That’s easy to remember.”

“I’m sorry. She’s been eaten by a lion when we were backpacking to Africa.”

“Oh, and she just got back from the lion’s tummy in one piece, extra blonde, look more evil than ever, just because she want to come to this reunion.”

“Yeah… I wish. WHAT?!”

“Look over there, dude.”

Pat turn his head to one corner where Richard, Ray, Ian, Joseph and Tanya look straight to him with their demon faces.

‘Oh crap!’

*Inspiration from ‘50 Ways To Say Goodbye’ by Train. Catchy mariachi. hehe

GOWWWIN’ UP!!! 

No comments: